Dr. Gem® Credentials
College educated in the geo-science field, Joseph H. Dawson Sr., A.K.A. “Dr. Gem®”, is an accomplished Graduate Gemologist (G.I.A), lapidary, silversmith, goldsmith, lecturer, and author. Joseph H. Dawson Sr. has thirty-five (35) years of experience in all phases of the jewelry industry. He established Jewels & Diamonds™ exquisite fine jewelry store and Registered Jewels & Diamonds®, Dr. Gem® and Dr. Gem’s Prescriptions® with the United States Patents and Trademark office.
For the past twenty five (25) years, Mr. Dawson has written this popular monthly periodical under the trade name, “Dr. Gem Prescriptions®”. Today, Dr. Gem’s® consumer advocate advice, and gemological articles are read by tens of thousands of consumers each month. Dozens of newspapers all over the country have reprinted many of his articles and stories. Dr. Gem Prescriptions® are available on the internet at www.jewelsanddiamonds.com, and “Dr. Gem®” can be contacted at his e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joseph H. Dawson Sr., A.K.A. “Dr. Gem®”, earned his first diamond grading and appraisal course diploma in residence over three decades ago. Subsequently, Mr. Dawson earned Gemological Institute of America’s most prestigious title, Graduate Gemologist.
Dr. Gem® educational from Gemological Institute of America reads:
- Graduate Gemologist (G.I.A.) Diploma
- Gemologist (G.I.A.) Diploma
- G.I.A. Colored Stones Graduate Diploma
- G.I.A. Diamonds Graduate Diploma
- G.I.A. Gem Identification Certificate
- G.I.A. Colored Stone Grading Certificate
- G.I.A. Colored Stone Certificate
- G.I.A. Insurance Replacement Appraisal (with honors) Certificate
- G.I.A. Diamonds & Diamond Grading Certificate
- G.I.A. Diamonds Certificate
- G.I.A. Seminar, Detecting Synthetic Diamonds
- G.I.A. Seminar, Gemology Update: Synthetic and Treated Gems
- G.I.A. Extension Course, Colored Stone Grading, Letter of Completion
- G.I.A. Extension Course, Diamond Grading, Letter of Completion
- G.I.A. Insurance Replacement Appraisals (With Honors)
Additionally, Dr. Gem® has completed other gemological courses and seminar(s) from numerous other academic sources. Dr. Gem® has completed the G.I.A.’s NEW pearl course and was the first person in Florida to receive Jewelers of America’s certification as a SENIOR BENCH JEWELER.